Boone County Health Department

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a physical done there?

We do give physicals, please call for an appointment.

Do you have STD testing and what day?

Please call for an appointment.

Do you have vaccinations and when?

We provide vaccinations daily. Please visit our office. 

How do I get my Immunization record?

If you received your immunizations at our office, we can provide your records for you.

If I am running a church dinner or concession do I need a food handler card?

Yes, we suggest that you have a food handlers card.

What Insurance Plans are Accepted?

We accept the following insurance plans:  Aetna, Aetna Better Health​​​​​, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, ​Cigna (Immunizations only), ​​​​​​Coventry Care, Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield, The Health Plan, Health Smart, Humana, Medicare, UMR (Peabody Holding Co.), UMWA, ​​​​​​​​United Health Care, Uncare of WV​​​​​​, WV Chips, WV Family Health​​​​​​, WV Medicaid​​​​​​

When are food handlers classes held?

Food handler classes are held on the second Monday of the month at 2 PM and 6 PM.

Who needs to obtain a food handlers card?

Anyone who is working with food.